- Other Apps
I have a tofu press now (see last post) and, so, the other day, I decided I needed to use it of course! I also have a surplus of tortillas and decided on breakfast tacos. They came out so good!
Vegan Breakfast Tacos
1/2 block of tofu, pressed
1 large potato, washed and cut into chunks
1/4 of onion chopped up small
1 clove garlic
1/2 can of black beans
1 t turmeric
1 t smoked paprika
1 t red pepper flake
1/2 t each of salt and pepper
1 t lemon pepper
1 T parsley flakes
oil for frying, I used coconut
1/2 c salsa
1/2 c. grated Daiya cheddar (or your favorite vegan cheese)
1. Heat a few tablespoons of oil in a large skillet on medium-high heat.
2. Add the potatoes and onions. Fry until golden on one side, flip.
3. Cut up the tofu into chunks, or tear up with your fingers, and add to the skillet, along with the garlic. Fry for a couple of minutes.
4. Add the black beans and all the seasonings. Stir to incorporate.
5. Fry for another few minutes then turn the heat down to medium. Fry for another 7 minutes, stiring occasionally, until potatoes are cooked through.
6. Turn off the heat.
7. Add the salsa and cheese and combine well.
8. Fill some tortillas and enjoy.
You can top this with a variety of good toppings that you prefer. You can easily double this recipe if you want to use your whole block of tofu.