Vegan Chocolate Cookies
The other day, I was really craving something chocolately-sweet. Since I don't keep junk food around, and I have plenty of things to bake with, I decided to whip up some cookies. These came out so good! Try them when you get a chance.
2/3 c. coconut oil
1/2 c. sugar
1/4 c. brown sugar
2 T. ground flax
1/3 c. flax milk (any vegan milk will work here)
1 t. vanilla
1 t. baking soda
2 c. flour
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Mix the ground flax with the flax milk in a small bowl and set aside.
3. Using a hand mixer, mix together the coconut oil, sugar, brown sugar, and vanilla until incorporated.
4. Sift together the flour and the baking soda in a separate bowl.
5. Add the flax mixture to the wet ingredients and mix again.
6. Add the flour and baking soda mixture to the wet mixture in two parts, using the mixer to mix well.
7. Drop the mixture by the teaspoon (or tablespoon if you like bigger) onto cookie sheets.
8. Bake in the preheated oven for 8 minutes, transfer off the pans to cool.
This is a simple, delightful chocolate cookie that is crispy on the edges, and chewy in the center. I've seen plenty of other recipes, but I've really tried to cut the sugar and oil down as much as possible with my recipe. There's always room for additions: think vegan chocolate chips, nuts, or a berry glaze on top. Enjoy!