- Other Apps
Can you believe that it's 2024? Me neither. 2023 was a great year for me. In fact, it was the best year I've had since 2019. So what made it so great? Lots of things.
* I started the Iowa Wine and Beer Passports at the beginning of the year and spent time working on them, including a fun overnight trip to Des Moines.
* I had a two-week vacation where I: got to take a boat ride on the Mississippi River, visited the stunning Maquoketa Caves, had gin from Iceland, and spent time with good friends.
* I went to the Nebraska and Kansas City Renaissance Faires like I do every year.
* I (slowly) got back on the low-carb diet and hiking bandwagons.
* I joined a Wine Club at a winery in Iowa.
* I took a day trip to see the Bridges of Madison County.
* I spent a fun day at the Missouri River Expo, something I've wanted to do for years.
* Had a blast at not one, but two redneck parties.
* Spent many Friday evenings on the porch of Soaring Wings, my happy place, listening to live music, drinking wine & small-batch beer, and eating charcuterie.
* Spent the night on a riverboat hotel and took a dinner cruise - both on the Missouri River.
* Became debt-free.
* Took a fun charcuterie class with a great friend.
* Finally got to see the annual Sandhill Crane migration.
* Celebrated living in Omaha for 20 years.
* Made it back to my all-time favorite restaurant.
* Booked a flight for next year so I can finally return to Europe.
* I hit menopause.
* Had many other fun weekend adventures doing a lot of fun things.
More than all the fun things I did, my kids and I came back together as a powerful family unit. I became closer with my friends and made another good friend. I made it a year and a half in my new (and third) position at my job where I continue to grow and improve my skills. Last, but certainly not least, I tweaked my finances to the right mix and balance.
I hope you had a great 2023 and that 2024 will be even better...the best year yet!
Until next time, friends.