What's Been Going On?


It's only been a month since I last posted, yet it feels like it's been longer. I guess that's just how time seems to pass when you've been madly busy.

Late in June, my baby girl turned eighteen. Eighteen? Eighteen! You know, I started sharing posts that included my daughter, aka Nature Girl, eight years ago. She was only ten then, but I can still see her as she was then. My little girl was so cute, sweet, loved nature, and her family, but more than anything else, animals were her passion. While none of that has changed, the little girl has been replaced by a beautiful young woman ready to head off to college this Fall. The years have slipped through my fingers.

For the past year and a half of her high school career, I homeschooled her. Nothing personal against her old school, after all my son graduated from there six years ago and loved it, but some kids need more help than standard schools can provide. While we did schoolwork through the summer month, wrapping things up in February, I didn't graduate her until the last Saturday of June. Because I was the school, I had to do the ceremony (if you can call it that) and provide the reception. 

Graduation day was also my mom's birthday, so I planned a winery party for her the day between my daughter's birthday celebration and graduation celebration.

As you can probably imagine, all of this was a lot. I was in charge of planning, preparing, and putting it all together. I spent many sleepless nights thinking about everything that needed to be done for these three back-to-back events. I spent every day calming an anxious kid after working all day. 

I had a handful of people in town for several days - people whom I entertained and some who stayed in my home. I must've picked up and cleaned up around my house at least six times, and the amount of leftovers in my place was daunting to deal with. 

My son's car, already on its last legs, acted up enough that weekend that he decided he should get a new car while he was in town. He wanted me to come with him, so I did - and briefly lent him the down payment. After securing a new car, he was the last guest to leave town.

The following week was the 4th of July, which was on a Thursday, so I took the 5th off as well, giving me a four-day weekend. To say I needed it was an understatement - I was exhausted.

I spent the long weekend taking care of some much-needed tasks, including getting some much-needed R&R. After two days of that, I figured it was as good of a time as any to get back to all my favorite healthy activities. I did a lot of hiking, prepping some good food, and enjoying time with friends.

I will be getting back to my posting schedule...you know, the one I promised? I did finally get all of my photos downloaded onto my computer so now I just need to edit them and get some posts put together. 

For my newsletter subscribers, sorry for my lack of those as well.

I'm sure you all understand. See you soon!


Popular Posts